What is CUBSS?
- CUBSS (Computational Unit for Behavioral and Social Sciences) is a high-performance Windows server offered by the Social Science Research Institute for use by social scientists.
- This server is designed for running computationally intensive tasks that require large storage, GPUs, or specialized software available through the Institute.
How Do I Get Access to CUBSS?
- Apply by filling out the form at https://forms.office.com/r/5STfrVjXPu
How to Connect
How to Transfer Data
- Secure FTP
- Use your FileZilla or other FTPS client to upload data directly to your CUBSS project folder.
- Follow the instructions at https://ithelp.ssri.psu.edu/guides/sync-files-onedrive to sign in and sync files.
- Mapped Network Drive
- Request a dedicated network share for your project when you submit the application form.
- Save your files to the specified location on CUBSS.
- Access or add files from another computer by following the instructions at https://ithelp.ssri.psu.edu/guides/map-network-drive-windows.
- The name of the server is cubss.ssri.psu.edu.
- The name of the share will be provided to you after the share is requested and set up.
What Level of Data Can Be Used on CUBSS
- Level 1 Data
- Level 2 Data
- 256GB RAM
- 48 cores (96 logical processors)
- 200TB storage
- 2 NVidia A40 GPUs (data sheet)
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Microsoft Office 365
- R Studio
How is My Data Backed Up
- SSRI does not provide backup of the stored data on CUBSS.
- We can offer backup through the university system (UBI) at $11/TB/month or $0.011/GB/month.
- Please contact SSRI IT in advance if you would like this set up on your folder(s).
- You will need to provide a budget number in your request.