Using the Penn State VPN on a Mac
How to connect to the Penn State VPN on a Mac in order to access resources from home.
- IT installs the VPN on all Clearinghouse Macs.
- Select Finder, open the Go menu, and click on Applications.
- Locate the Cisco folder and open it. Then double click on Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.app to launch the application.
- By default it should have vpn.its.psu.edu selected. If it does not, then select it from the drop down menu. Next click the Connect button.
- Make sure Group has ISPtoPSU selected. Enter your Penn State Access ID in the form of xyz123 and password. Click OK.
- A window will open saying that you are connected to Penn State and that your activity will be logged. Click Accept to close the window and finish connecting to the VPN.
- To disconnect from the VPN click on the AnyConnect icon (the small white and green circle) next to the clock. Either select Disconnect or Quit Cisco AnyConnect.