If you need to install the VPN on a personal computer, you may download the latest version at https://softwarerequest.psu.edu.
- If your SSRI laptop is on the Penn State domain, you can sign in at login.
- Turn on or restart your computer.
- Press Ctl+Alt+Del.
- Click on the wireless symbol in the bottom right corner and make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Wait about a minute.
- Login to your user account.
- Verify that you are connected to the VPN by clicking on the GlobalProtect globe icon in the system tray.
- The GlobalProtect icon will be in the notification area/system tray. If necessary, click on the "^" to expand the system tray. Click on the globe icon with the "x" to open the VPN client.
- If you are asked for a portal address, type "secure-connect.psu.edu". Click "Connect".
- Global Protect requires both 2FA and Microsoft Office 365 authentication. Follow the prompts to authenticate.
- Once you have successfully connected, the globe icon will gain a small shield.
- To disconnect, click on the globe icon and click "Disconnect".