The University Box contract will end September 2021. The migration is expected to be complete by June 2021. The preferred replacement is Microsoft OneDrive, included in our Office 365 subscription. If desired, you may choose an alternative storage option by consulting Permitted Storage. Note: Data will only copy automatically to OneDrive. You must copy your data manually if you choose another storage option. Information and resources will also be provided if you decide to move to Google Drive instead.
Things to Note
- Only the most recent version of your folders and files are copied.
- Box Notes will be copied over as Word documents.
- Shared files and folders will be automatically re-shared with Penn State collaborators after they are migrated.
- Individual files in Box over 15 GBs will not be migrated automatically and will need to be manually moved to Office 365 before migration.
- OneDrive allocates 5 TB of storage space per user. If you need more than 5 TB, contact your IT helpdesk.
- Consider storing large video, audio, and image files in Kaltura.
- Consult University retention policies: https://policy.psu.edu/general-retention-schedule
- View this Knowledge Base article for information on:
- Locating Large Files in Box
- Preserving Comments
- Preserving Previous Document Versions
- Changing File and Folder Names to Fit Office 365 Naming Conventions
- Capturing Box Notes and Box Note Formatting
- Accepting or Declining Pending Collaboration Invitations
- For Individual Box accounts, reference https://storage.psu.edu/individual/.
- For Non-Person Box accounts, reference https://storage.psu.edu/group/.
- If your Non-Person Box account has Level 3 or Level 4 data, you will need a Secure Enclave SharePoint. Contact your IT helpdesk for assistance.
- Training and Resources are available at https://storage.psu.edu/training-resources/.